First-party Xbox Series X games to be revealed in July.
If you want to get prepared for all the news, here’s where to watch the May 7 Inside Xbox.
The June drop for Xbox 20/20 is still unannounced, but we’re happy to confirm that Xbox will be a part of IGN’s Summer of Gaming showcase next month, joining the likes of CD Projekt Red, EA, 2K and more to make brand new announcements with us.
July will include first looks at what’s to come from Microsoft’s various owned studios. “In July, we will dedicate time to focus on the incredible games coming from Xbox Game Studios”, says West. “A number of our studio teams are looking forward to sharing first looks at new gameplay, insights from development teams being optimized for Xbox Series X, and brand-new game announcements. We cannot wait to share this initial look at what some of those teams are working on.”West also used the blog post to make a series of commitments for Xbox this year, given the difficulties posed by the COVID-19 crisis:
- “Our goal remains to launch Xbox Series X and ‘Halo Infinite’ this holiday
- All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are hard at work on next-generation games for Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass
- The best development teams around the world are working hard to have their games ready to play on Xbox Series X this holiday
- For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all of our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including ‘Halo Infinite,’ ‘Wastelands 3’ and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- We have new updates and titles lined up for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC
- We’re expanding Project xCloud into new countries and on new devices—and later this year Project xCloud and Xbox Game Pass will come together, enabling you and your friends to play together in more ways.”
Xbox Series X is scheduled to be released during Holiday 2020. Right now we know the Xbox Series X specs, we have an educated guess on its price based on those specs, and a full comparison with PS5. What we know far less about is Xbox Series X games, but we have a list of confirmed and rumoured titles for the next-gen console.
Here’s how you can help and stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Joe Skrebels is IGN’s Executive Editor of News. Follow him on Twitter.