Publisher SNK and developer TiMi Studios, a subsidiary of Tencent Games, have announced Metal Slug Code: J, a new yet-to-be-named game in the classic arcade franchise for iOS and Android.
“Metal Slug has such an amazing history of great action and gameplay so we’re proud to bring this to mobile gamers around the world,” SNK game producer Yasuyuki Oda said in a press release. “We’re happy to work closely with such a strong developer as TiMi Studios on this latest Metal Slug title.”
TiMi J1 studio general manager Winco Qin added, “Metal Slug is one of the great arcade franchises and a perfect fit for mobile play. Our team has been focused on a faithful recreation of the game’s classic shoot ’em up style, easily accessible for players that’s fun for new and existing fans of the genre.”
Watch the announcement trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.